Thursday, December 20, 2018

Thursday Movie Picks - 2019 Films To Look Forward To

Written as part of the weekly blogathon hosted by Wandering Through the Shelves. Join in the fun by picking three movies that fit the week's theme and writing a bit about them.

Well, frankly, I'm glad I got to this late today, because two trailers dropped that got me HYPE AF for their movies. Walk with me...

Men In Black: International - Chris Hemsworth is a comic genius. Tessa Thompson is only getting better and better. AND BONUS EMMA THOMPSON. And honestly, this trailer is the best use of Fergie's "London Bridge" probably ever.

Greta - This could be complete trash, or it could be actually good (the fact that it's directed by Neil Jordan doesn't prove anything), but either way, this looks like exactly my brand of batshit insane.

Isn't It Romantic - Look, Rebel Wilson (and/or her team) definitely stepped in it by saying she was the first plus-size female to headline a major studio romantic comedy, BUT she's always funny, and the premise for this is rife with potential for lots of laughs. Plus, that supporting cast is pretty golden. I'm always here for satire, and the romantic comedy could use a good skewering. PLUS, I mean, I'm pretty sure we would all do EXACTLY THAT to Liam Hemsworth if given the chance.

7 comments:

  1. I think out of this Greta is the one im most keen on. MIB can be fun, but Isn't It Romantic isn't too my taste

    Yeah. Rebel said something a bit dumb. Water under the bridge now i suspect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MIB and Greta both look like kind of stupid fun but I wish it was someone other than Chloe in Greta, I just can't with her lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men In Black: International looks awesome 🖤

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the same way when I saw the Greta trailer! Either way I'll be there to see it on opening weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watching Moretz try to act against Huppert is gonna be hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok so I haven't seen any of the trailers, but I like Hemsworth and Thompson in the last Thor movie so the new MIB could be good. Greta - I'm guessing this is horror, I do like 2 of Jordan's horror films so maybe this could be okay as well. I'd love a good romantic comedy and Isn't it Romantic looks like it could be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to MIB: International, as well.

    ReplyDelete